The Club Trophy Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of awards and recognition of Club Members at the end of the season presentation evening.
The Club Trophy Coordinator is responsible to the President and the Management team and will report directly to the Treasurer. They will liaise closely with the Junior Boys/Junior Girls Club Coordinators
Responsibilities and Duties
The Club Trophy Coordinator should:
- Coordinate the purchase of trophies for the annual presentation evening;
- Recommend to the Management Committee a date for presentation night at first meeting of the calendar year and request budget;
- Source and recommend to Management Committee prizes (ie. Trophies, medals, towels etc) for award winners within allocated budget. (Work with Uniform Coordinator if using Club Merchandise);
- Collect perpetual trophies from previous years winners;
- Four weeks prior to the Presentation Evening, together with the Junior/Senior Club Coordinators, facilitate the selection of
winners for the following awards per junior team:
– Most Valuable Player and
– Coaches Award
- Four weeks prior to the Presentation Evening, together with the Junior / Senior Club Coordinators, facilitate the selection of
winners for all perpetual trophies and have them ratified by the Management Committee;
- Arrange for etching/embroidery on awards and perpetual trophies;
- Prepare trophies/awards and list of award winners for a run sheet for the President on presentation night;
- Maintain a list of Club Perpetual Trophies and who currently has them (including email and contact details) for the following year;
- Make recommendations to the Management Committee of new trophies/awards that are needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Club Trophy Coordinator is:
- Well organised;
- Can communicate effectively.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The time commitment is 2 hours per week for 6 weeks at the end of the season.
Resources and Templates
• Junior Trophy Template > Presentation Evening > Drop Box
• Perpetual Trophy template > Presentation Evening > Drop Box