The Club Pool Coordinator facilitates pool time for training across the Barracudas Water Polo Club and is the key point of contact for Junior Coordinators, coaches, managers and pool providers regarding pool space and availably for training.
The role is responsible to the President and Management Team and directly reports to the Junior Club Coordinators.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Club Pool Coordinator should
- Review pool requirements with Head Coach and Junior Boy and Girl Coordinators and make recommendations to the Management Committee regarding availability and pool hire;
- Negotiate with all stakeholders regarding fair and equitable time and space for training;
- Develop a pool timetable for BWPI comp to post on Website;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Pool providers;
- Prior to State and National competition, contact Coaches/ Managers regarding their pool requirements and book pools according to availability and best price;
- Pools need to be booked for the following:
1. Come and try days (held over 3 days on consecutive weekends) Dates coordinated by WPQ.
2. Girls selections (normally held in September over two weekends)
3. Training for the U14’s, U16’s and U18’s Club Nationals teams
4. Term 2 and Term 3 Winter skills program.
5. One off events such as Presentation night.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Club Pool Coordinator is someone who:
- Can communicate effectively;
- Has good knowledge regarding pool spaces in Brisbane;
- Can impartially negotiate with stakeholders.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
Initially 1-2 hours per week for 4 weeks when developing pool schedules and then periodically over the year when required. This is a year round commitment.
Resources and Templates
• Pool Contact list > Club Policies Procedures and Templates> Drop Box