The Development Manager is responsible for providing strategies for increased participation within the Club with particular focus on Under 12’s and player pathways.
The Club Development Manager is responsible to the President and is part of the Management Committee.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This position should:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Club;
- Oversee and review current programs to ensure they are in strategic alignment with Club goals;
- Develop programs for the recruitment and retention of members at the entry level of the Club, ie. U12 program – which may include the employment of a Project Officer to implement the program;
- Oversee the development pathways between Juniors, Seniors and National League;
- Advocate on behalf of Barracudas within WPQ, WPA and Queensland Academy of Sport;
- Liaise closely with the Barracudas National League regarding development pathways and general communication;
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for the Club’s members and it’s volunteers.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Club Development Manager has:
- A strong background in water polo either as a player or coach;
- Can communicate effectively;
- Can negotiate effectively with stakeholders;
- Is aware of the current environment of water polo in Queensland;
- Is a strategic thinker.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment:
The estimated time commitment required will be 2 hours per week.