The Secretary is the chief administration officer of the Barracudas Water Polo Club. This person provides the coordinating link between members, the management committee and outside agencies.
The Secretary is directly responsible to the President of Barracudas Water Polo Club and its members. It is a member of the Management Committee
Responsibilities and Duties
The Secretary should:
- Establish a Planning Calendar for the year in consultation with the Committee;
- Prepare the Agenda for club meetings in consultation with the President;
- Make arrangements including venue, date, times and hospitality for club meetings;
- Send adequate notice of the meetings;
- Collect and collate reports from office bearers;
- Call for and receive nominations for committees and other positions for the club AGM;
- Take the Minutes of meetings;
- Write up the Minutes as soon as possible after the meeting;
- Read, distribute reply and file correspondence promptly (daily responses required via email account);
- Collate and arrange the printing of the Annual Report;
- Maintain registers of life members and sponsors;
- Maintain files of legal documents such as constitutions, leases and titles;
- Act as the Public Officer of Barracudas Water Polo Club liaising with members of the public, affiliated bodies and government agencies;
- Represent Barracudas at WPQ, BWPI meetings;
- Communicate information between WPQ, BWPI and other agencies and club members, such as event deadlines etc;
- Be responsible for the central data storage(currently Drop Box ) and for weekly backups of data;
- Other tasks: handle bookings and entries; respond to general duties as directed by the Club Management Committee;
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for the Club’s members and it’s volunteers.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Secretary is someone who:
- Can communicate effectively
- Is well organised and can delegate tasks
- Can maintain confidentiality on relevant matters
- Has a good working knowledge of the constitution.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time commitment required is 5 hours per week.