The Senior Club Coordinator is the primary point of contact for senior members of the Barracudas Water Polo Club and generally oversees the Senior Club competition.
The Senior Club Coordinator is directly responsible to the President and the Management team and reports directly to the Club
Responsibilities and Duties
The Club Coordinator should:
- Recruit and coordinate coaches for the BWPI competition and with the Coaches and Managers Registrar, ensure all have
appropriate accreditation and registration. In Division 2 and X-grade, coaches are generally players;
- Liaise with National League Coaches regarding team lists for Division 1 and the Development Manager, Head Coach and Juniors Club Coordinators for allocating Juniors into the senior competition;
- Supervise Sunday afternoon training – ensure a coach is available;
- Brief the Pool Coordinator requirements for pool space for training;
- Coordinate the BWPI team selections and distributes list to Website coordinator;
- Supply administrative information to teams via Team Captains/Managers;
- Be the point of contact for new players to the Club;
- Regularly seek feedback from players regarding the workings of the season and provide input to the Management Committee;
- Problem solve issues as they arise;
- Be a point of contact for the BWPI;
- Contact teams when there are forfeits;
- Coordinate with coaches, managers and Trophy Coordinator award winners at the end of the season.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally, the Senior Coordinator:
- Can communicate effectively with all members of the Club;
- Have good working knowledge of, or ability to gain knowledge, of the BWPI competition.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time required is approximately 2 hours per week during the season.