The State/National Event Coordinator coordinates the Barracudas teams participating in State and National Competitions.
The State/National Events Coordinator is responsible to the President and the Management team and will receive direction from the Secretary.
Responsibilities and Duties
The position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating team member, team coach and team manager selection;
- Registering the team to the appropriate body (ie. WPQ or WPA);
- Organising referees if necessary (generally for State tournaments only);
- Liaising with Treasurer regarding budgets ;
- On selection of team and manager, liaising with Registrar regarding the eligibility, registration and contact details of athletes and distribute to manager and coach;
- Book flights, vehicles and accommodation for away tournaments;
- Liaises with WPQ and WPA as necessary;
- Ensure details of tournament are included on our website and social media outlets and encourage Managers/team members to submit photographs or articles to the Website and Social Media Coordinator;
- Coordinating a brief review of each tournament and feedback on accommodation, meals, budget and any coaches/managers
comments for Committee;
- Collate and record results and any Australian/ State Team selections.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the State/National Events Coordinator:
- Can communicate effectively;
- Has good working knowledge of tournaments both local and National;
- Has adequate computer skills to coordinate travel etc.;
- Has the ability to meet specific time deadlines.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time requirement required is approximately half an hour per week leading up to competitions with an estimate of overall time of 5 hours per local tournament (3 per year) and 10 hours per away tournament (3 per year).
Tools and Resources
Nationals State Competition Review > National State Comps > DropBox