The Website, Newsletter and Social Media Coordinator is responsible to the President and the Management Committee, reports directly to the President and works closely with the Marketing and Promotions Manager and the Junior Coordinators
Responsibilities and Duties
The Website, Newsletter and Social Media Coordinator should:
- Review the usability and user experience of the current website and report to Executive;
- Provide weekly updates of the website based on direction from the Executive, form regular searches of the WPA website, WPQ
website, BWPI Websites and other related sites. Members are encouraged to submitimages and written material for inclusion on the website;
- Produce a minimum of two newsletters per season as a minimum, reflecting the material from the website and input from Management Committee ;
- At least weekly updates of the Social Media accounts – currently Facebook and Twitter;
- Develop and review a Social Media Policy and Procedures regarding the use of Media and inappropriate posts. Ensure any breach is brought to the Management’s attention.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideally the Website, Newsletter and Social Media Coordinator will:
- Have excellent written communication skills;
- Have proficient experience with WordPress or other website production program and professional desktop publishing
- Have an interest in collecting and preparing written articles to cover activities of the entire club;
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of the club’s strategic objectives.
Estimated Time Commitment Required & Period of Appointment
The estimated time needed to perform the duties of the Website, Newsletter and Social Media Manager is approximately 2 hours per week throughout the year.